Postdoctoral Scholar in Mars Atmospheric Structure, Dynamics, and Aerosols (Caltech)
Deadline: Open Until Filled
We invite applications for a postdoctoral research position in JPL’s Planetary and Exoplanetary Atmospheres Group (Requisition ID 2018-9117). Dr. Armin Kleinboehl of JPL’s Science Division will serve as postdoctoral advisor to the selected candidate. The appointee will carry out research in collaboration with the JPL advisor and the MCS team, resulting in publications in the open literature. The research will involve analysis and modeling of data collected by the Mars Climate Sounder (MCS) instrument on board the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO) spacecraft.
Study topics may include the structure of the aphelion cloud belt and its relation to atmospheric dynamics, the distribution and properties of mesospheric clouds, and the distribution of water ice and CO2 ice in the polar regions.
Applicants should apply through the website and submit a curriculum vitae and a letter describing their research interests. Applicants must also arrange reference letters from three references to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed starting Feb.16, 2018.
- May 31, 2018 - Postdoc Position: Physics and Chemistry of Outer Planetary (Europa), Ice Analogs, JPL
- May 31, 2018 - Postdoc Position: Isotope Analysis Instrument- Origin and Distribution of Water in the Solar System, JPL
- May 31, 2018 - Early Career Research Associate, Cornell Center for Astrophysics and Planetary Science, Cornell University
- June 01, 2018 - Research Opportunities in Space and Earth Sciences 2017 (ROSES–2017)
- June 01, 2018 - GSA Planetary Geology Division Junior Student Advisory Member
- June 22, 2018 - ROSES-18 Amendment 13: C.23 ICEE 2 Step-1 Proposals
- August 01, 2018 - AAAS Early Career Award for Public Engagement with Science
- August 24, 2018 - ROSES-18 Amendment 13: C.23 ICEE 2 Step-2 Proposals
- September 30, 2018 - HST Observations to Detect Plumes/Outgassing from Europa
- October 30, 2018 - Postdoctoral Researcher at Southwest Research Institute (OSIRIS-REx)