Postdoctoral Scholar in Mars Atmospheric Structure, Dynamics, and Aerosols (Caltech)
Deadline: Open Until Filled
We invite applications for a postdoctoral research position in JPL’s Planetary and Exoplanetary Atmospheres Group (Requisition ID 2018-9117). Dr. Armin Kleinboehl of JPL’s Science Division will serve as postdoctoral advisor to the selected candidate. The appointee will carry out research in collaboration with the JPL advisor and the MCS team, resulting in publications in the open literature. The research will involve analysis and modeling of data collected by the Mars Climate Sounder (MCS) instrument on board the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO) spacecraft.
Study topics may include the structure of the aphelion cloud belt and its relation to atmospheric dynamics, the distribution and properties of mesospheric clouds, and the distribution of water ice and CO2 ice in the polar regions.
Applicants should apply through the website and submit a curriculum vitae and a letter describing their research interests. Applicants must also arrange reference letters from three references to be sent to: email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed starting Feb.16, 2018.
- October 30, 2018 - Postdoctoral Researcher at Southwest Research Institute (OSIRIS-REx)
- October 31, 2018 - Cornell University - Research Support Specialist II
- October 31, 2018 - AbSciCon 2019: Session Proposal Call!
- November 01, 2018 - Tenure-Track Faculty Position in Geochemistry - Earth/Planetary Processes
- November 01, 2018 - Postdoctoral Position in Cometary Science/Astrochemistry
- November 01, 2018 - Faculty Position in Geophysics and Geochemistry at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- November 01, 2018 - National Air and Space Museum Postdoctoral Earth and Planetary Sciences Fellowship
- November 01, 2018 - Tenure-track Faculty Position in Geochemistry
- November 01, 2018 - Ph.D. Position in Astrochemistry, Star and Planet Formation
- November 15, 2018 - Student travel grant available for Mars Extant Life: What's Next? conference
- December 07, 2018 - ROSES-18: Delay of Due Date, Late Data Release, and New Opportunity for Cassini Data Analysis.
- December 15, 2018 - Bateman Postdoctoral Fellowship, Yale University
- December 31, 2018 - Emergence of Metabolism and Mineral-Organic Chemistry on Early Earth and Ocean Worlds
- December 31, 2018 - NASA SMD Seeks Volunteer Reviewers
- January 01, 2019 - Grad Student/Postdoc Opportunities in Planetary Surface Processes at UT Austin
- January 05, 2019 - Research Associate in Planetary Science at CU Boulder
- January 15, 2019 - Research Opportunities at the University of Hawaii: Fluid Migration in Titan's Ice Shell
- February 01, 2019 - Assistant Professor of Astrobiology
- June 30, 2019 - Submitting Manuscripts to the Special Issue: "Conditions on the Early Earth >3.5Gy: Limitations for the Sources/Stability of Prebiotic Compounds and the Prebiotic/Biotic Transition"