Postdoctoral Scholar in Mars Atmospheric Structure, Dynamics, and Aerosols (Caltech)
Deadline: Open Until Filled
We invite applications for a postdoctoral research position in JPL’s Planetary and Exoplanetary Atmospheres Group (Requisition ID 2018-9117). Dr. Armin Kleinboehl of JPL’s Science Division will serve as postdoctoral advisor to the selected candidate. The appointee will carry out research in collaboration with the JPL advisor and the MCS team, resulting in publications in the open literature. The research will involve analysis and modeling of data collected by the Mars Climate Sounder (MCS) instrument on board the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO) spacecraft.
Study topics may include the structure of the aphelion cloud belt and its relation to atmospheric dynamics, the distribution and properties of mesospheric clouds, and the distribution of water ice and CO2 ice in the polar regions.
Applicants should apply through the website and submit a curriculum vitae and a letter describing their research interests. Applicants must also arrange reference letters from three references to be sent to: email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed starting Feb.16, 2018.
- August 17, 2018 - Postdoctoral Scholar Position Available in Evolutionary and Isotopic Enzymology
- August 20, 2018 - Outer Plants Assessment Group (OPAG) Early Career Travel Grant
- August 24, 2018 - ROSES-18 Amendment 21: New opportunity in Mars 2020 Returned Sample Science Participating Scientist Program
- August 24, 2018 - ROSES-18 Amendment 13: C.23 ICEE 2 Step-2 Proposals
- August 31, 2018 - Postdoctoral Researcher in Martian Meteorites
- August 31, 2018 - SAGANet.org Astrobiology Expert Call
- August 31, 2018 - Intership Position for Undergraduate Students: Psyche Inspired program
- September 11, 2018 - Simons Collaboration on the Origins of Life (SCOL) 2019 Postdoctoral Fellowships
- September 30, 2018 - HST Observations to Detect Plumes/Outgassing from Europa
- October 01, 2018 - ESA Research Fellowships in Space Science
- October 30, 2018 - Postdoctoral Researcher at Southwest Research Institute (OSIRIS-REx)
- November 01, 2018 - National Air and Space Museum Postdoctoral Earth and Planetary Sciences Fellowship