Postdoctoral Researcher at Southwest Research Institute (OSIRIS-REx)
Deadline: October 30, 2018
The Department of Space Studies at Southwest Research Institute (Boulder) seeks a postdoctoral researcher to support activities of the Spectral Analysis Working Group of the OSIRIS-REx mission prior to and during spacecraft operations at the asteroid (101955) Bennu. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to carry out independent research in the area(s) of solid surface planetary and/or laboratory spectroscopy, and is expected to publish scientific papers on a regular basis. Support the following activities: Automated implementation for the OSIRIS-REx Thermal Emission Spectrometer (OTES) spectral library and software development for the OSIRIS-REx Visible and Infrared Spectrometer (OVIRS) spectral parameters; development of automated methods for integrating results from OTES and OVIRS automated data processing; establishment of protocols for creating 3D map data products, providing uncertainty estimates for mineral abundances and spatial locations, and optimizing confidence levels in maps of detected minerals on Bennu; interaction with other OSIRIS-REx science working groups that ingest spectrally derived data products for use in sample site selection and asteroid regolith characterization.
- October 31, 2018 - Cornell University - Research Support Specialist II
- October 31, 2018 - AbSciCon 2019: Session Proposal Call!
- November 01, 2018 - Tenure-Track Faculty Position in Geochemistry - Earth/Planetary Processes
- November 01, 2018 - Postdoctoral Position in Cometary Science/Astrochemistry
- November 01, 2018 - Faculty Position in Geophysics and Geochemistry at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- November 01, 2018 - National Air and Space Museum Postdoctoral Earth and Planetary Sciences Fellowship
- November 01, 2018 - Tenure-track Faculty Position in Geochemistry
- November 01, 2018 - Ph.D. Position in Astrochemistry, Star and Planet Formation
- November 15, 2018 - Student travel grant available for Mars Extant Life: What's Next? conference
- November 16, 2018 - Assistant Professor in Planetary Sciences
- December 07, 2018 - ROSES-18: Delay of Due Date, Late Data Release, and New Opportunity for Cassini Data Analysis.
- December 15, 2018 - Bateman Postdoctoral Fellowship, Yale University
- December 31, 2018 - Emergence of Metabolism and Mineral-Organic Chemistry on Early Earth and Ocean Worlds
- December 31, 2018 - NASA SMD Seeks Volunteer Reviewers
- January 01, 2019 - Grad Student/Postdoc Opportunities in Planetary Surface Processes at UT Austin
- January 05, 2019 - Research Associate in Planetary Science at CU Boulder
- January 15, 2019 - Research Opportunities at the University of Hawaii: Fluid Migration in Titan's Ice Shell
- February 01, 2019 - Assistant Professor of Astrobiology
- June 30, 2019 - Submitting Manuscripts to the Special Issue: "Conditions on the Early Earth >3.5Gy: Limitations for the Sources/Stability of Prebiotic Compounds and the Prebiotic/Biotic Transition"