HST Observations to Detect Plumes/Outgassing from Europa
Deadline: September 30, 2018
The STScI Director has commissioned a committee to provide advice on optimizing future strategies for using Hubble to investigate potential outgassing from Europa. The committee is currently developing recommendations that will include suggestions for pilot observations in the near future. The full report will not be available until after the Cycle 25 proposal deadline (April 7, 2017). Consequently, interested
parties should not submit proposals at this time unless the observations must be executed before October 27 2017. Time will be set aside for observations at later dates, and proposals related to the
Europan plumes will be solicited as part of the first Cycle 25 Call for Mid-Cycle proposals, deadline September 30 2017.
- November 16, 2018 - Assistant Professor in Planetary Sciences
- November 26, 2018 - Civil Service Job at Goddard
- December 07, 2018 - ROSES-18: Delay of Due Date, Late Data Release, and New Opportunity for Cassini Data Analysis.
- December 15, 2018 - Bateman Postdoctoral Fellowship, Yale University
- December 20, 2018 - Open Position in Planetary Geology
- December 31, 2018 - Emergence of Metabolism and Mineral-Organic Chemistry on Early Earth and Ocean Worlds
- December 31, 2018 - Assistant Professor
- December 31, 2018 - NASA SMD Seeks Volunteer Reviewers
- December 31, 2018 - Research Fellow - Microbiome Research
- January 01, 2019 - Grad Student/Postdoc Opportunities in Planetary Surface Processes at UT Austin
- January 05, 2019 - Research Associate in Planetary Science at CU Boulder
- January 15, 2019 - Research Opportunities at the University of Hawaii: Fluid Migration in Titan's Ice Shell
- February 01, 2019 - Assistant Professor of Astrobiology
- June 30, 2019 - Submitting Manuscripts to the Special Issue: "Conditions on the Early Earth >3.5Gy: Limitations for the Sources/Stability of Prebiotic Compounds and the Prebiotic/Biotic Transition"