ROSES-18 Amendment 13: C.23 ICEE 2 Step-2 Proposals
Deadline: August 24, 2018
This amendment presents final text for program element C.23 Instrument Concepts for Europa Exploration 2.
The Instrument Concepts for Europa Exploration (ICEE) 2 program supports the development of instruments and sample transfer mechanism(s) for Europa surface exploration. The goal of the program is to advance both the technical readiness and spacecraft accommodation of instruments and the sampling system for a potential future Europa lander mission.
This opportunity is open to any instrument concept addressing one or more of the Science Definition Team (SDT) objectives in also compatible with the Europa lander mission architecture described in “Europa Lander Study 2016 Report.” While specific technology readiness levels (TRL) are not prescribed for the ICEE 2 program, instrument concepts must be at TRL 6 no later than the end of 2022.
The program is noteworthy in that all awardees will be required to collaborate with the pre-project NASA-JPL spacecraft team and potentially other awardees. This collaboration will provide the opportunity for co-development of potential instruments, the sample acquisition and delivery system, and the lander itself, as all of these require maturation in a compatible system.
The due date for Step-1 proposals is June 22, 2018, and the due date for Step-2 proposals is August 24, 2018.
On or about May 17, 2018, this Amendment to the NASA Research Announcement “Research Opportunities in Space and Earth Sciences (ROSES) 2018” (NNH18ZDA001N) will be posted on the NASA research opportunity homepage at http://nspires.nasaprs.com/ and will appear on the RSS feed at:
Questions concerning this program element may be directed to Curt Niebur at email@example.com.
- November 15, 2018 - Student travel grant available for Mars Extant Life: What's Next? conference
- November 16, 2018 - Assistant Professor in Planetary Sciences
- November 26, 2018 - Civil Service Job at Goddard
- December 07, 2018 - ROSES-18: Delay of Due Date, Late Data Release, and New Opportunity for Cassini Data Analysis.
- December 15, 2018 - Bateman Postdoctoral Fellowship, Yale University
- December 20, 2018 - Open Position in Planetary Geology
- December 31, 2018 - Emergence of Metabolism and Mineral-Organic Chemistry on Early Earth and Ocean Worlds
- December 31, 2018 - Assistant Professor
- December 31, 2018 - NASA SMD Seeks Volunteer Reviewers
- December 31, 2018 - Research Fellow - Microbiome Research
- January 01, 2019 - Grad Student/Postdoc Opportunities in Planetary Surface Processes at UT Austin
- January 05, 2019 - Research Associate in Planetary Science at CU Boulder
- January 15, 2019 - Research Opportunities at the University of Hawaii: Fluid Migration in Titan's Ice Shell
- February 01, 2019 - Assistant Professor of Astrobiology
- June 30, 2019 - Submitting Manuscripts to the Special Issue: "Conditions on the Early Earth >3.5Gy: Limitations for the Sources/Stability of Prebiotic Compounds and the Prebiotic/Biotic Transition"