ROSES-18 Amendment 13: C.23 ICEE 2 Step-2 Proposals
Deadline: August 24, 2018
This amendment presents final text for program element C.23 Instrument Concepts for Europa Exploration 2.
The Instrument Concepts for Europa Exploration (ICEE) 2 program supports the development of instruments and sample transfer mechanism(s) for Europa surface exploration. The goal of the program is to advance both the technical readiness and spacecraft accommodation of instruments and the sampling system for a potential future Europa lander mission.
This opportunity is open to any instrument concept addressing one or more of the Science Definition Team (SDT) objectives in also compatible with the Europa lander mission architecture described in “Europa Lander Study 2016 Report.” While specific technology readiness levels (TRL) are not prescribed for the ICEE 2 program, instrument concepts must be at TRL 6 no later than the end of 2022.
The program is noteworthy in that all awardees will be required to collaborate with the pre-project NASA-JPL spacecraft team and potentially other awardees. This collaboration will provide the opportunity for co-development of potential instruments, the sample acquisition and delivery system, and the lander itself, as all of these require maturation in a compatible system.
The due date for Step-1 proposals is June 22, 2018, and the due date for Step-2 proposals is August 24, 2018.
On or about May 17, 2018, this Amendment to the NASA Research Announcement “Research Opportunities in Space and Earth Sciences (ROSES) 2018” (NNH18ZDA001N) will be posted on the NASA research opportunity homepage at http://nspires.nasaprs.com/ and will appear on the RSS feed at:
Questions concerning this program element may be directed to Curt Niebur at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- September 30, 2018 - HST Observations to Detect Plumes/Outgassing from Europa
- September 30, 2018 - Research Scientist: Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- October 01, 2018 - ESA Research Fellowships in Space Science
- October 01, 2018 - Postdoctoral Research Scholar (JOB# 12520) - Arizona State University
- October 08, 2018 - T.C. Chamberlin Postdoctoral Fellowship
- October 30, 2018 - Postdoctoral Researcher at Southwest Research Institute (OSIRIS-REx)
- November 01, 2018 - National Air and Space Museum Postdoctoral Earth and Planetary Sciences Fellowship
- November 01, 2018 - Tenure-track Faculty Position in Geochemistry
- November 01, 2018 - Ph.D. Position in Astrochemistry, Star and Planet Formation
- June 30, 2019 - Submitting Manuscripts to the Special Issue: "Conditions on the Early Earth >3.5Gy: Limitations for the Sources/Stability of Prebiotic Compounds and the Prebiotic/Biotic Transition"