Nominations for Planetary Sciences of the American Astronomical Society Prizes
Deadline: April 01, 2018
The DPS sponsors five prizes:
The Gerard P. Kuiper Prize honors outstanding contributions to the field of planetary science.
The Harold C. Urey Prize recognizes outstanding achievement in planetary research by a young scientist.
The Harold Masursky Award acknowledges outstanding service to planetary science and exploration.
The Carl Sagan Medal recognizes and honors outstanding communication by an active planetary scientist to the general public.
The Jonathan Eberhart Planetary Sciences Journalism Award recognizes and stimulates distinguished popular writing on planetary sciences.
DPS members and the planetary science community-at-large are encouraged to submit nominations for DPS prizes.
A complete nomination submitted by the deadline will be considered by the Prize subcommittee for 3 years (i.e. for this year’s award, next year’s award, and the year after that), or for the duration of a candidate’s eligibility, whichever is less. Please fill out the nomination form, and it will be submitted to the prize committee.
The Eberhart Award has different rules and procedures than the other DPS Prizes, please see its page for more information.
For rules and procedures, scroll to the bottom of: https://dps.aas.org/prizes
- February 18, 2019 - Funded PhD Opportunity: Surface wind modelling on Mars
- February 21, 2019 - Assistant Teaching Professor in Physics (Multiple Positions)
- February 28, 2019 - Swedish Institute of Space Physics is Looking for Three PhD Students
- March 01, 2019 - Tenured Geology & Geophysics Departmental Chair at LSU
- March 11, 2019 - Future Investigators in NASA Earth and Space Science and Technology (FINESST)
- March 11, 2019 - Astrodynamics in Support of Icy Worlds Missions
- March 25, 2019 - Research Professor in Planetary Processes and Global Changes
- March 29, 2019 - Habitable Worlds (HW)
- April 01, 2019 - NASA Astrobiology Early Career Collaboration Award
- April 02, 2019 - Solar System Workings (SSW)
- April 25, 2019 - Assistant Professor in Space Plasma Physics at the University of Colorado Boulder
- May 10, 2019 - ROSES-18 Amendment 62: New opportunity in C.15 PPR
- June 24, 2019 - AbSciCon Student Poster Competition
- June 30, 2019 - Submitting Manuscripts to the Special Issue: "Conditions on the Early Earth >3.5Gy: Limitations for the Sources/Stability of Prebiotic Compounds and the Prebiotic/Biotic Transition"