Nominations for Planetary Sciences of the American Astronomical Society Prizes
Deadline: April 01, 2018
The DPS sponsors five prizes:
The Gerard P. Kuiper Prize honors outstanding contributions to the field of planetary science.
The Harold C. Urey Prize recognizes outstanding achievement in planetary research by a young scientist.
The Harold Masursky Award acknowledges outstanding service to planetary science and exploration.
The Carl Sagan Medal recognizes and honors outstanding communication by an active planetary scientist to the general public.
The Jonathan Eberhart Planetary Sciences Journalism Award recognizes and stimulates distinguished popular writing on planetary sciences.
DPS members and the planetary science community-at-large are encouraged to submit nominations for DPS prizes.
A complete nomination submitted by the deadline will be considered by the Prize subcommittee for 3 years (i.e. for this year’s award, next year’s award, and the year after that), or for the duration of a candidate’s eligibility, whichever is less. Please fill out the nomination form, and it will be submitted to the prize committee.
The Eberhart Award has different rules and procedures than the other DPS Prizes, please see its page for more information.
For rules and procedures, scroll to the bottom of: https://dps.aas.org/prizes
- November 15, 2018 - Student travel grant available for Mars Extant Life: What's Next? conference
- November 16, 2018 - Assistant Professor in Planetary Sciences
- November 26, 2018 - Civil Service Job at Goddard
- December 07, 2018 - ROSES-18: Delay of Due Date, Late Data Release, and New Opportunity for Cassini Data Analysis.
- December 15, 2018 - Bateman Postdoctoral Fellowship, Yale University
- December 20, 2018 - Open Position in Planetary Geology
- December 31, 2018 - Emergence of Metabolism and Mineral-Organic Chemistry on Early Earth and Ocean Worlds
- December 31, 2018 - Assistant Professor
- December 31, 2018 - NASA SMD Seeks Volunteer Reviewers
- December 31, 2018 - Research Fellow - Microbiome Research
- January 01, 2019 - Grad Student/Postdoc Opportunities in Planetary Surface Processes at UT Austin
- January 05, 2019 - Research Associate in Planetary Science at CU Boulder
- January 15, 2019 - Research Opportunities at the University of Hawaii: Fluid Migration in Titan's Ice Shell
- February 01, 2019 - Assistant Professor of Astrobiology
- June 30, 2019 - Submitting Manuscripts to the Special Issue: "Conditions on the Early Earth >3.5Gy: Limitations for the Sources/Stability of Prebiotic Compounds and the Prebiotic/Biotic Transition"