Nominations for Planetary Sciences of the American Astronomical Society PrizesFebruary 07, 2018
The DPS sponsors five prizes:
The Gerard P. Kuiper Prize honors outstanding contributions to the field of planetary science.
The Harold C. Urey Prize recognizes outstanding achievement in planetary research by a young scientist.
The Harold Masursky Award acknowledges outstanding service to planetary science and exploration.
The Carl Sagan Medal recognizes and honors outstanding communication by an active planetary scientist to the general public.
The Jonathan Eberhart Planetary Sciences Journalism Award recognizes and stimulates distinguished popular writing on planetary sciences.
DPS members and the planetary science community-at-large are encouraged to submit nominations for DPS prizes.
A complete nomination submitted by the deadline will be considered by the Prize subcommittee for 3 years (i.e. for this year’s award, next year’s award, and the year after that), or for the duration of a candidate’s eligibility, whichever is less. Please fill out the nomination form, and it will be submitted to the prize committee.
The Eberhart Award has different rules and procedures than the other DPS Prizes, please see its page for more information.
For rules and procedures, scroll to the bottom of: https://dps.aas.org/prizes
- February 23, 2018 - Tenured Full Professor Position in Astrobiology at Okayama University
- February 27, 2018 - 69th International Astronautical Congress - Call for Abstracts
- March 01, 2018 - Europlanet 2020 4th Call for Proposals for Field and Laboratory Visits
- March 01, 2018 - NASA Astrobiology Postdoctoral Program
- March 09, 2018 - NAS White Papers on the Exoplanet Science Strategy
- March 14, 2018 - Call for Comments on Draft SALMON-3 Program Element Appendix: Small Innovative Missions for Planetary Exploration (SIMPLEx)
- March 15, 2018 - Postdoctoral Researcher for Planetary Science Group at Curtin University
- March 16, 2018 - 2018 Josep Comas i Sola International Summer School in Astrobiology
- March 20, 2018 - 2018 NASA Graduate Research Fellowship
- March 31, 2018 - Planetary Science Section Leadership Opportunities
- March 31, 2018 - Postdoctoral Scholar in Mars Atmospheric Structure, Dynamics, and Aerosols (Caltech)
- April 01, 2018 - NASA Astrobiology Early Career Collaboration Award
- April 01, 2018 - Reviewers for Planetary NASA Earth and Space Science Fellowship (NESSF)
- April 14, 2018 - ELSI Research Scientist Position
- April 15, 2018 - NASA Astrobiology Faculty Diversity Program (formerly Minority Institute Research Support Program)
- April 30, 2018 - Tenure-Track Faculty Position in Planetary Science at Caltech
- June 01, 2018 - Research Opportunities in Space and Earth Sciences 2017 (ROSES–2017)
- September 30, 2018 - HST Observations to Detect Plumes/Outgassing from Europa
- October 30, 2018 - Postdoctoral Researcher at Southwest Research Institute (OSIRIS-REx)