Nominations for Planetary Sciences of the American Astronomical Society Prizes
Deadline: April 01, 2018
The DPS sponsors five prizes:
The Gerard P. Kuiper Prize honors outstanding contributions to the field of planetary science.
The Harold C. Urey Prize recognizes outstanding achievement in planetary research by a young scientist.
The Harold Masursky Award acknowledges outstanding service to planetary science and exploration.
The Carl Sagan Medal recognizes and honors outstanding communication by an active planetary scientist to the general public.
The Jonathan Eberhart Planetary Sciences Journalism Award recognizes and stimulates distinguished popular writing on planetary sciences.
DPS members and the planetary science community-at-large are encouraged to submit nominations for DPS prizes.
A complete nomination submitted by the deadline will be considered by the Prize subcommittee for 3 years (i.e. for this year’s award, next year’s award, and the year after that), or for the duration of a candidate’s eligibility, whichever is less. Please fill out the nomination form, and it will be submitted to the prize committee.
The Eberhart Award has different rules and procedures than the other DPS Prizes, please see its page for more information.
For rules and procedures, scroll to the bottom of: https://dps.aas.org/prizes
- August 20, 2018 - Outer Plants Assessment Group (OPAG) Early Career Travel Grant
- August 24, 2018 - ROSES-18 Amendment 21: New opportunity in Mars 2020 Returned Sample Science Participating Scientist Program
- August 24, 2018 - ROSES-18 Amendment 13: C.23 ICEE 2 Step-2 Proposals
- August 31, 2018 - Postdoctoral Researcher in Martian Meteorites
- August 31, 2018 - SAGANet.org Astrobiology Expert Call
- August 31, 2018 - Intership Position for Undergraduate Students: Psyche Inspired program
- September 11, 2018 - Simons Collaboration on the Origins of Life (SCOL) 2019 Postdoctoral Fellowships
- September 30, 2018 - HST Observations to Detect Plumes/Outgassing from Europa
- October 01, 2018 - ESA Research Fellowships in Space Science
- October 30, 2018 - Postdoctoral Researcher at Southwest Research Institute (OSIRIS-REx)
- November 01, 2018 - National Air and Space Museum Postdoctoral Earth and Planetary Sciences Fellowship