NAI comprises, by design, a group of research teams each focused on a single compelling question of astrobiology. This focus lends itself extremely well to scientific integration across the teams. In early 2015, the NAI Executive Council met to identify areas of potential synergy between individual team research programs. Several areas were readily identified and targeted for further development. These areas, which we call Synergy Themes, are now being developed through cross-team collaborations. We invite you to follow the links below to learn more about each of these thematic areas and the activities being pursued.
Current Synergy Themes
- Evolution of Complex Life Leads: Frank Rosenzweig, Roger Summons
- Biosignature Detection Working Group Leads: Nathalie Cabrol, Isik Kanik
- GeoBioCell Applications Leads: Charles Werth, Bruce Fouke
- Planetary Inventory of Organics and Water, and the Origin of Life Leads: Scott Sandford, Michael Mumma, Roger Summons
- Serpentinizing Systems Science Working Group (SSSWG) Leads: Alexis Templeton, Kenneth Nealson
- Habitable Planetary States, the Evolution of Microbial Life, and their Astronomical Biosignatures Leads: Timothy Lyons, Frank Rosenzweig, Victoria Meadows