Executive CouncilJanuary 25, 2018
Members of the Executive Council and NAI at the January 26-27, 2016 in-person meeting hosted by the NASA Ames Research Center and SETI teams.
The Principal Investigators (PIs), together with the NAI Director and Deputy Director, comprise the Executive Council (EC) of the NAI during the period of performance of their awards. The NAI Director chairs the EC and acts as its Presiding Officer. The Executive Council is charged with the following specific roles:
- Raise, discuss, and provide insight into issues such as Institute-wide research objectives, astrobiology mission opportunities, and priorities for technology development;
- Consider and analyze proposals to form Focus Groups and other similar bodies;
- Consider and comment on proposals for external partnerships (e.g., international, interagency, or corporate);
- Consider and provide perspective on other astrobiology issues at the request of the Director.
In addition to the roles enumerated above, the EC may undertake additional activities or interactions that the members consider to be within the scope of the NAI, germane to the goals of the Institute and the interests of the astrobiology science community, and/or important to NASA. Such additional activities must be endorsed by the NAI Director.
Members of the Executive Council at the September 29-30, 2015 in-person meeting hosted by the University of Wisconsin team.
Members of the Executive Council at the May 29-30, 2015 in-person meeting hosted by the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign team.
- March 16, 2018 - VideoCon
- April 20, 2018 - VideoCon
- May 15-16, 2018 - In-Person (CUB)
- June 15, 2018 - VideoCon
- July 20, 2018 - VideoCon
- August 17, 2018 - VideoCon
- September TBA, 2018 - In-Person (Georgia Tech)
- October 19, 2018 - VideoCon
- November 16, 2018 - VideoCon
- December 21, 2018 - VideoCon