NAI Cooperative Agreement Notice: Cycle 7May 6, 2014
Proposal submissions for CAN Cycle 7 are closed. NASA received 56 Step-1 proposals, they were reviewed and all proposers were notified on December 20, 2013 of which category they fell into. Of the 56, 38 were “encouraged” and 18 were “discouraged.” Click here for links to all the CAN 7 official documentation.
Solicitation Number: NNH13ZDA017C
Pre-proposal Conference: September 30 at 11am PDT
Step 1 Proposal closed: November 18, 2013
Step 2 Proposals closed: April 30, 2014
On September 23, 2013 The NASA Science Mission Directorate released a Cooperative Agreement Notice (CAN) soliciting team-based proposals for membership in the NASA Astrobiology Institute (NAI). The CAN-7 document can be downloaded from the NSPIRES web page.
The goal of CAN Cycle 7 is to maintain a multidisciplinary institute by selecting focused, interdisciplinary teams that complement without replicating the strengths of the continuing teams. The teams selected in Cycle 7 will replace the teams selected in Cycle 5, whose five-year Cooperative Agreements have expired.
Unlike previous CANs for the NAI, Cycle 7 required a brief Step-1 proposal to be submitted six weeks after the release of the CAN. Based on a programmatic review of these Step-1 proposals, proposers were encouraged to or discouraged from submitting a full proposal. Other changes to previous solicitations are described in sections 1.7 Open Access to Research Materials and Results and 4.6 Education and Public Outreach (E/PO).
Issuance of this CAN is dependent on programmatic factors, including NASA receiving an appropriation and operating plan containing adequate funding within the NASA Planetary Science Division budget. Any costs incurred by prospective investigators in preparing submissions in response to this CAN were incurred completely at the submitter’s own risk.
A pre-proposal conference was held on September 30, at 11 AM PDT (2 PM EDT) to provide interested parties with the opportunity to better understand the intent, scope, and selection criteria of this CAN. The recorded video and presentation charts from this briefing are available at the NSPIRES website on which this CAN is posted.
- May 29 - Registration Deadline for 3rd Planetary Data Workshop
- May 30 - Seminar: "Ask an Astrobiologist Featuring Dr. Eric Boyd"
- May 31 - Application Deadline for Summer School: "Formation of Complex Molecules in Space and on Planets - From interstellar Clouds to Life"
- June 1 - Abstract Submission Deadline for The First Billion Years: Accretion: Building New Worlds
- June 1 - Abstract and Registration Deadline for EANA 2017
- June 1 - Registration Deadline (Foreign Nationals) for NASA Exploration Science Forum (ESF)
- June 1 - Registration Deadline for Planet Formation and Evolution 2017
- June 1 - Abstract Submission Deadline for Planet Formation and Evolution 2017
- June 4 - Indication of Interest Deadline for Fourth International Conference on Early Mars
- June 9 - Registration Deadline for Robotic Telescopes Student Research and Education Conference
- June 9 - Registration Deadline for 3rd International Asteroid Impact Deflection Assessment (AIDA) Workshop
- June 11 - Application Deadline for Gordon Research Conference: Microbial Population Biology
- June 12 - Registration Deadline for Emerging Researchers in Exoplanet Science (ERES III)
- June 13 - Early Registration Deadline for Goldschmidt 2017
- June 15 - Registration Deadline for The First Billion Years: Accretion: Building New Worlds
- June 15 - Registration Deadline for EGU Galileo Conference: Geoscience for understanding habitability in the solar system and beyond
- June 15 - Abstract Submission Deadline for EGU Galileo Conference: Geoscience for understanding habitability in the solar system and beyond
- June 15 - Application Deadline: Simons Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowships
- NAI 2014 Annual Science Report