NAI Cooperative Agreement Notice: Cycle 7May 6, 2014
Proposal submissions for CAN Cycle 7 are closed. NASA received 56 Step-1 proposals, they were reviewed and all proposers were notified on December 20, 2013 of which category they fell into. Of the 56, 38 were “encouraged” and 18 were “discouraged.” Click here for links to all the CAN 7 official documentation.
Solicitation Number: NNH13ZDA017C
Pre-proposal Conference: September 30 at 11am PDT
Step 1 Proposal closed: November 18, 2013
Step 2 Proposals closed: April 30, 2014
On September 23, 2013 The NASA Science Mission Directorate released a Cooperative Agreement Notice (CAN) soliciting team-based proposals for membership in the NASA Astrobiology Institute (NAI). The CAN-7 document can be downloaded from the NSPIRES web page.
The goal of CAN Cycle 7 is to maintain a multidisciplinary institute by selecting focused, interdisciplinary teams that complement without replicating the strengths of the continuing teams. The teams selected in Cycle 7 will replace the teams selected in Cycle 5, whose five-year Cooperative Agreements have expired.
Unlike previous CANs for the NAI, Cycle 7 required a brief Step-1 proposal to be submitted six weeks after the release of the CAN. Based on a programmatic review of these Step-1 proposals, proposers were encouraged to or discouraged from submitting a full proposal. Other changes to previous solicitations are described in sections 1.7 Open Access to Research Materials and Results and 4.6 Education and Public Outreach (E/PO).
Issuance of this CAN is dependent on programmatic factors, including NASA receiving an appropriation and operating plan containing adequate funding within the NASA Planetary Science Division budget. Any costs incurred by prospective investigators in preparing submissions in response to this CAN were incurred completely at the submitter’s own risk.
A pre-proposal conference was held on September 30, at 11 AM PDT (2 PM EDT) to provide interested parties with the opportunity to better understand the intent, scope, and selection criteria of this CAN. The recorded video and presentation charts from this briefing are available at the NSPIRES website on which this CAN is posted.
- October 24 - Application Deadline: Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Astronomy or Planetary Science at Northern Arizona University
- October 25 - Application Deadline: Juno-Supporting Postdoctoral Position at JPL/Caltech
- October 26 - Application Deadline: Tenure Track W2/W3 Professorship in Experimental Planetology at the University of Bayreuth
- October 26 - Application Deadline: Mars Mission Scientist at NASA Johnson Space Center
- October 28 - Application Deadline: White House Office of Science and Technology Policy's Spring 2017 Policy Internship Program
- October 31 - Seminar: "What We Talk About When We Talk About Earth's Oxygenation"
- November 1 - Poster Abstract Deadline for Search for Life: From Early Earth to Exoplanets
- November 1 - Abstract Submission Deadline for Asteroids, Comets, Meteors 2017
- November 1 - Application Deadline: Tenure Track Assistant Professor Position in Astronomy at Cornell University
- November 1 - Application Deadline: HiRISE Spacecraft Operations Engineer Positions
- November 1 - Application Deadline: NASA Postdoctoral Program Fellowships
- November 3 - Application Deadline: NASA Space Technology Research Fellowship for Fall 2017 (NSTRF17)
- November 4 - Abstract Submission Deadline for 4th Magellan Science Symposium
- November 7 - Poster Abstract Deadline for Space Studies Board Workshop on Searching for Life Across Space and Time
- November 14 - Application Deadline: ROSES 2016 Planetary Instrument Concepts for the Advancement of Solar System Observations (PICASSO)
- November 15 - Application Deadline: Assistant Professor in Planetary Mineralogy/Petrology/Geochemistry at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- November 18 - Registration Deadline for 4th Magellan Science Symposium
- November 18 - Application Deadline: 2017 Exploration Fellowship in Earth and Space Science at ASU
- NAI 2014 Annual Science Report