Potential Landing Sites and Cloud Layer Habitability on Venus WorkshopApril 08, 2019
On October 2-5, 2019 the Space Research Institute (IKI) and the Vernadsky Institute (GEOKHI) of the Russian Academy of Sciences and the Venera-D Joint Science Definition Team are hosting the “Potential Landing Sites and Cloud Layer Habitability” Workshop. The goal of the workshop is to refine observation concepts for the study of the Venus planet system (atmosphere, surface and interior), including its
astrobiology. Abstracts related to one or more of these four categories: i) landing sites targets, ii) habitability and bio species
survival (current research and theory), iii) surface/atmosphere/bio species instrumentation and sampling systems, and iv) laboratory studies are solicited, the abstract deadline is August 10, 2019.
For conference details and abstract formatting instructions. Mid to early career scientists are strongly encouraged to attend and some NASA travel support for US citizens may be possible.
Please email notifications of interest by June 3, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: JSDT 2019 Workshop (category of interest). Include your name and abstract title in the body of the message.
Location: Moscow, RU
- October 21 - 70th International Astronautical Congress
- November 04 - 4th COSPAR Symposium
- November 05 - Mars Extant Life: What’s Next?
- November 05 - 21st annual Global MilSatCom conference and exhibition
- November 20 - The American Society for Gravitational and Space Research (ASGSR) Annual Meeting
- December 09 - American Geophysical Union (AGU) 100 Annual Fall Meeting
- January 13 - Seventh International Conference on Mars Polar Science and Exploration
- March 14 - Frontiers of Sciences V
- March 26 - SSoCIA 2020
- August 15 - 43rd COSPAR Scientific Assembly