2018 Planetary Protection of Outer Solar System (PPOSS) TutorialJune 04, 2018
The PPOSS Project is an EC-funded, 3-year project devoted to the “Planetary Protection of Outer Solar System”. PPOSS addresses the issues of planetary protection dissemination of knowledge and of strategic scientific foresight for outer solar system exploration.
In 2017-2018, as part of its contribution within the PPOSS project, COSPAR is organizing a series of international seminars/tutorials intended to present planetary protection framework, policy and practices to partner organizations. Three such training events are planned, after a first tutorial in Japan in 2017. COSPAR and Caltech/JPL collaborate on the organization of a planetary protection tutorial at Caltech (Pasadena, USA) on 12 and 13 July 2018 (two full days), preceding the COSPAR Assembly. Two more tutorials are planned in Germany and in China in September-October 2018.
Registration for the PPOSS 2nd Tutorial is now open: http://pposs.org/pposs-caltech-registration-form/ on a first-come, first-served basis. The tutorial can accommodate 50 participants. There is no registration fee. Potential participants are: Caltech/JPL engineers and managers involved in PP activities; Scientists, engineers, and managers in universities, industry, etc. who are involved in PP- applied missions; and, nation-wide students and researchers in the field of planetary studies and astrobiology.
Please note that attendance to both days of the tutorial is mandatory. A draft tutorial agenda is attached. For any questions, feel free to contact Ms. Alissa Haddaji, COSPAR Planetary Protection Project Officer & PPOSS Trainings/Seminars Chair at email@example.com.
Location: Pasadena, CA, US
- June 18 - Mars Workshop on Amazonian and Present Day Climate
- June 20 - Exoplanet Orbiting Hot Stars
- June 21 - Emerging Researchers in Exoplanet Science Symposium (ERES IV)
- June 23 - 5th European Conference on Permafrost (EUCOP 2018)
- June 24 - Science of Early Life Conference at the Origins Institute
- June 25 - Astrobiology Australasia Conference 2018
- June 26 - Astrophysical Frontiers in the Next Decade and Beyond: Planets, Galaxies, Black Holes, & the Transient Universe
- June 26 - 2018 NASA Exploration Science Forum
- July 02 - Exoplanets II
- July 02 - Astrobiology Grand Tour 2018