New NASA Documentary Series: Astrobiology in the Field!April 02, 2019 / Posted by: Miki Huynh
The NASA Astrobiology Program is proud to announce the first episode of a brand new video documentary series, Astrobiology in the Field! In order to discover extraterrestrial life in the universe, the search must begin at home. NASA scientists conduct fieldwork at analogue environments all over the world to help inform our missions to other planets, and this new video series aims to highlight those efforts.
The first episode, premiering April 4th, follows the Field Exploration and Life Detection Sampling for Planetary and Astrobiology Research (FELDSPAR) scientific expedition team as they travel to Iceland.
Read the full story by Mike Toillion at the Astrobiology at NASA website.
Astrobiology in the Field, Episode 1: Iceland Trailer
Source: [Astrobiology at NASA]
- Interdisciplinary Consortia for Astrobiology Research (ICAR)
- The NASA Astrobiology Science Forum Talks Now on YouTube
- The NASA Astrobiology Science Forum: The Origin, Evolution, Distribution and Future of Astrobiology
- Alternative Earths
- Drilling for Rock-Powered Life
- Imagining a Living Universe
- Workshops Without Walls: Astrovirology
- Rutgers Researchers Identify the Origins of Metabolism
- Ramparts Discovered Around Titan Lakes
- Interdisciplinary Consortia for Astrobiology Research (ICAR) Schedule Update