NASA Roadmap to Ocean WorldsFebruary 12, 2019 / Posted by: Miki Huynh
The NASA Outer Planets Assessment Group (OPAG) Roadmaps to Ocean Worlds (ROW) group has published a guide with recommendations on how to develop an initiative for the research of Ocean Worlds. This includes confirmed ocean worlds Enceladus, Titan, and Europa and candidate worlds such as Triton. Development of the roadmap began in 2016.
The overarching goal of an Ocean Worlds exploration program as defined by ROW is to “identify ocean worlds, characterize their oceans, evaluate their habitability, search for life, and ultimately understand any life we find.”
The NASA Roadmap to Ocean Worlds is published in Astrobiology.
Source: [Astrobiology / OPAG]
- Alternative Earths
- Drilling for Rock-Powered Life
- Imagining a Living Universe
- Workshops Without Walls: Astrovirology
- Rutgers Researchers Identify the Origins of Metabolism
- Ramparts Discovered Around Titan Lakes
- Interdisciplinary Consortia for Astrobiology Research (ICAR) Schedule Update
- AbGradCon 2019
- Scientists Discover a New Method for Exploring Europa’s Extraterrestrial Ocean
- GSFC Summer Research Associate 2019 Presentations