Life Underground - Available to PlayJuly 19, 2018 / Posted by: Miki Huynh
Image source: Gene Innovation Lab / USC
Life Underground, a game developed by the Game Innovation Lab at the University of Southern California, takes players on a journey into the depths and extremes of the Earth, and it’s available to download!
From Game Innovation Lab:
“The Life Underground game is an interactive outreach experience for 7th and 8th grade classrooms. The goal is for students to visualize microscopic life at a range of terrestrial and extraterrestrial subsurface conditions. Students take the role of a young scientist investigating extreme subsurface environments for microbial life. They will navigate through extreme conditions, including those of temperature, pressure, acidity, and energy limitations, and they will begin to recognize what characterizes life in this context.”
Free copies are available to students, educators, and reviewers. For more information and to download the game, visit the Game Innovation Lab website.
- Alternative Earths
- Drilling for Rock-Powered Life
- Imagining a Living Universe
- Workshops Without Walls: Astrovirology
- Rutgers Researchers Identify the Origins of Metabolism
- Ramparts Discovered Around Titan Lakes
- Interdisciplinary Consortia for Astrobiology Research (ICAR) Schedule Update
- AbGradCon 2019
- Scientists Discover a New Method for Exploring Europa’s Extraterrestrial Ocean
- GSFC Summer Research Associate 2019 Presentations