NASA and ESA Statement of Intent (SOI) to Develop Joint Mars Sample Return PlanMay 11, 2018 / Posted by: Miki Huynh
Artist's conception of the Mars Sample Return mission. Image source: NASA JPL
On April 26, 2018 NASA and European Space Agency signed a Statement of Intent (SOI) to jointly develop a Mars Sample Return plan to be submitted to their respective authorities by the end of 2019.
The joint statement of intent is available as a PDF at https://mepag.jpl.nasa.gov/announcements/2018-04-26%20NASA-ESA%20SOI%20(Signed).pdf.
For more information on NASA’s Mars Exploration Program Analysis Group (MEPAG) and to view announcements, visit: https://mepag.jpl.nasa.gov/announcements.cfm?expand=hq
- Interdisciplinary Consortia for Astrobiology Research (ICAR)
- The NASA Astrobiology Science Forum Talks Now on YouTube
- The NASA Astrobiology Science Forum: The Origin, Evolution, Distribution and Future of Astrobiology
- Alternative Earths
- Drilling for Rock-Powered Life
- Imagining a Living Universe
- Workshops Without Walls: Astrovirology
- Rutgers Researchers Identify the Origins of Metabolism
- Ramparts Discovered Around Titan Lakes
- Interdisciplinary Consortia for Astrobiology Research (ICAR) Schedule Update