NASA and ESA Statement of Intent (SOI) to Develop Joint Mars Sample Return PlanMay 11, 2018 / Posted by: Miki Huynh
Artist's conception of the Mars Sample Return mission. Image source: NASA JPL
On April 26, 2018 NASA and European Space Agency signed a Statement of Intent (SOI) to jointly develop a Mars Sample Return plan to be submitted to their respective authorities by the end of 2019.
The joint statement of intent is available as a PDF at https://mepag.jpl.nasa.gov/announcements/2018-04-26%20NASA-ESA%20SOI%20(Signed).pdf.
For more information on NASA’s Mars Exploration Program Analysis Group (MEPAG) and to view announcements, visit: https://mepag.jpl.nasa.gov/announcements.cfm?expand=hq
- Rethinking Planetary Climate Controls
- Oman Drilling Project: An Ancient Seabed Holds Secrets in the Search for Life on Other Planets
- Seminar: GSFC Summer Research Associate 2018 Presentations
- NASA Statement on Possible Subsurface Lake near Martian South Pole
- From Habitability to Life on Mars
- Life Underground - Available to Play
- Electron Acceptors and Carbon Sources for a Thermoacidophilic Archaea
- Yosemite Granite Tells New Story About Earth's Geologic History
- Supporting SHERLOC in the Detection of Kerogen as a Biosignature
- New Estimates of Earth's Ancient Climate and Ocean pH