Ocean Worlds 3 MeetingFebruary 14, 2018 / Posted by: Miki Huynh
The 3rd Ocean Worlds takes place May 21-24, 2018 in Houston, TX. Source: LPI/USRA
The 3rd in a series of Ocean Worlds meetings takes place May 21-24 in Houston, Texas and will focus on the potential for silicate-water interactions to occur on Ocean Worlds beyond Earth, from a multi-disciplinary and inter-disciplinary perspective.
As with past Ocean Worlds meetings, a primary motivation is to engender a cross-fertilization of ideas and expertise by soliciting contributions from both the Ocean Sciences and Planetary Sciences communities. Consequently, contributions are invited that address any aspects of this broad water-rock interaction theme, across the Planetary and Ocean Science fields, including geophysics, hydrogeology, geochemistry and microbiology.
Abstract Submission Deadline is March 7.
More information is available at the website: https://www.hou.usra.edu/meetings/oceanworlds2018/
- Understanding Oxygen as an Exoplanet Biosignature
- Recap of the 2018 Astrobiology Graduate Conference (AbGradCon)
- Astrobiologist Rebecca Rapf Receives Inaugural Maggie C. Turnbull Early Career Award
- Searching for the Great Oxidation Event in North America
- Astrobiology Activities at the Chickasaw Nation Aviation and Space Academy
- NASA Finds Ancient Organic Material, Mysterious Methane on Mars
- Habitability of the Young Earth Could Boost the Chances of Life Elsewhere
- AbGradCon 2018 Live Webcast
- Maggie C. Turnbull Astrobiology Early Career Service Award
- Atmospheric Seasons Could Signal Life on Exoplanets