AbSciCon 2019 Call for ProposalsOctober 15, 2018 / Posted by: Miki Huynh
The Search for Life Near and Far
Deadline Extended: November 6, 2018 11:59PM ET
AbSciCon 2019 is the next conference in a series organized by the astrobiology community. This year’s theme is Understanding and Enabling the Search for Life on Worlds Near and Far. Future missions and observations will aim to further our understanding of diverse planetary environments while fundamental research on the origin and evolution of life on Earth drives our understanding of how life may operate elsewhere.
Session proposal topics are encouraged to span a broad array of topics with strong interdisciplinary themes that address new and emerging areas of research. Note also that the conference science themes are provided as very broad guidelines, and session proposals that don’t fit into those themes are still very welcome. The session proposal deadline is 6 November, 11:59 p.m. ET.
View Proposal Topics and Submit a Proposal: https://agu.confex.com/agu/abscicon19/prelim.cgi/ModuleProgramBook/0
Proposal Guidelines: https://connect.agu.org/abscicon/program/session-proposal-guidelines
- A Researcher’s Hunt for Extraterrestrial Intelligence
- New NASA Documentary Series: Astrobiology in the Field!
- A Unique Concentration of Postdoctoral Talent
- Yellowstone Hot Spring Supports a Hyperdiverse Microbial Community
- Origins of Life, Artificial Life, & Astrobiology (OoLALA) Research Showcase: Searching for the Laws of Life
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors Could Warn of Extraterrestrial Life
- AbGradCon 2019: Now Accepting Abstracts
- NASA Selects Teams to Study Untouched Moon Samples
- The Case of the Over-Tilting Exoplanets
- Clues to the Early Rise of Oxygen on Earth Found in Sedimentary Rock