Watch Talks from AbGradCon 2017July 27, 2017 / Posted by: Miki Huynh
Participants at the Astrobiology Graduate Conference (AbGradCon) 2017 held in Charlottesville, VA.
The Astrobiology Graduate Conference (AbGradCon) 2017 was held in Charlottesville, VA and hosted by the National Radio Astronomy Observatory. A four-day Proposal Writing Retreat (PWR) at the Green Bank Observatory in Green Bank, WV preceded the conference. During PWR, twenty-nine early career scientists, including four organizers, wrote, presented, and peer-reviewed nine proposals and selected three top proposals to present at AbGradCon immediately following the retreat. AbGradCon included 85 participants who engaged in talks followed by in-depth Q&A, took part in four poster sessions, and mingled over games and refreshments in the evenings.
You can view recordings of talks from AbGradCon 2017 on the NASA Astrobiology YouTube channel.
The Astrobiology Graduate Conference provides a unique setting for astrobiologically-inclined graduate students and early career researchers to come together to share their research, collaborate, and network. Stay tuned for more details about AbGradCon 2017.
Source: [AbGradCon 2017]
- TESS Satellite Launched
- 2028 ESA Space Mission Focuses on Nature of Exoplanets
- Dr. Jim Green Announced as New NASA Chief Scientist
- Emergence of Life in a Radically Different Environment
- NASA Prepares to Launch Next Mission to Search Sky for New Worlds
- Early Career Scholarships for Field Trip to Key Astrobiology Sites of Australia
- "In Her Orbit" Highlights Life and Work of Nathalie Cabrol
- One Strange Rock
- Could Shallow Biospheres Exist Beneath the Icy Ceilings of Ocean Moons?
- New Clues to Compositions of TRAPPIST-1 Planets