Watch Talks from AbGradCon 2017Participants at the Astrobiology Graduate Conference (AbGradCon) 2017 held in Charlottesville, VA.
The Astrobiology Graduate Conference (AbGradCon) 2017 was held in Charlottesville, VA and hosted by the National Radio Astronomy Observatory. A four-day Proposal Writing Retreat (PWR) at the Green Bank Observatory in Green Bank, WV preceded the conference. During PWR, twenty-nine early career scientists, including four organizers, wrote, presented, and peer-reviewed nine proposals and selected three top proposals to present at AbGradCon immediately following the retreat. AbGradCon included 85 participants who engaged in talks followed by in-depth Q&A, took part in four poster sessions, and mingled over games and refreshments in the evenings.
You can view recordings of talks from AbGradCon 2017 on the NASA Astrobiology YouTube channel.
The Astrobiology Graduate Conference provides a unique setting for astrobiologically-inclined graduate students and early career researchers to come together to share their research, collaborate, and network. Stay tuned for more details about AbGradCon 2017.
Source: [AbGradCon 2017]
- NASA Missions Provide New Insights into 'Ocean Worlds' in Our Solar System
- NASA New Frontiers Program AO Released
- Opportunities and Obstacles for Life on Proxima B
- Implications of the Discovery of Proxima b
- A Simple Bacterium Reveals How Stress Drives Evolution
- Examining Mars Analog Rocks in Northern Ontario
- Purple Signs of Life
- NASA Finds Moon of Saturn Has Chemical That Could Form ‘Membranes’
- An Earth-like Atmosphere May Not Survive Proxima b’s Orbit
- The Great Oxidation Event and the Rubisco Family Tree