Watch Talks from AbGradCon 2017July 27, 2017 / Posted by: Miki Huynh
Participants at the Astrobiology Graduate Conference (AbGradCon) 2017 held in Charlottesville, VA.
The Astrobiology Graduate Conference (AbGradCon) 2017 was held in Charlottesville, VA and hosted by the National Radio Astronomy Observatory. A four-day Proposal Writing Retreat (PWR) at the Green Bank Observatory in Green Bank, WV preceded the conference. During PWR, twenty-nine early career scientists, including four organizers, wrote, presented, and peer-reviewed nine proposals and selected three top proposals to present at AbGradCon immediately following the retreat. AbGradCon included 85 participants who engaged in talks followed by in-depth Q&A, took part in four poster sessions, and mingled over games and refreshments in the evenings.
You can view recordings of talks from AbGradCon 2017 on the NASA Astrobiology YouTube channel.
The Astrobiology Graduate Conference provides a unique setting for astrobiologically-inclined graduate students and early career researchers to come together to share their research, collaborate, and network. Stay tuned for more details about AbGradCon 2017.
Source: [AbGradCon 2017]
- Life on Earth Arose Early and Diversified Rapidly
- Upcoming Astrobiology Funding Opportunities
- 6th ELSI International Symposium Live Webcast
- Ancient Microbes Caused Earth's First Global Warming
- Gravity Assist Podcast
- If Past Life on Mars Existed, It Co-evolved with the Martian Environment
- NASA Discovery Program Announcement of Opportunity Long-range Planning Information
- Mongolian Microfossils Point to the Rise of Animals on Earth
- A Popular Tool to Trace Earth’s Oxygen History Can Give False Positives
- Hydrothermal Vent Experiments Bring Enceladus to Earth