Watch Talks from AbGradCon 2017Participants at the Astrobiology Graduate Conference (AbGradCon) 2017 held in Charlottesville, VA.
The Astrobiology Graduate Conference (AbGradCon) 2017 was held in Charlottesville, VA and hosted by the National Radio Astronomy Observatory. A four-day Proposal Writing Retreat (PWR) at the Green Bank Observatory in Green Bank, WV preceded the conference. During PWR, twenty-nine early career scientists, including four organizers, wrote, presented, and peer-reviewed nine proposals and selected three top proposals to present at AbGradCon immediately following the retreat. AbGradCon included 85 participants who engaged in talks followed by in-depth Q&A, took part in four poster sessions, and mingled over games and refreshments in the evenings.
You can view recordings of talks from AbGradCon 2017 on the NASA Astrobiology YouTube channel.
The Astrobiology Graduate Conference provides a unique setting for astrobiologically-inclined graduate students and early career researchers to come together to share their research, collaborate, and network. Stay tuned for more details about AbGradCon 2017.
Source: [AbGradCon 2017]
- Ask an Astrobiologist featuring Dr. Carl Pilcher
- Contemporary Water and Habitability of Mars
- Pale Rainbow Dots: The Search for Other Earths
- Middle School Teacher Reviewers Needed - Online Astrobiology "Game"
- A Summer of Astrobiology
- NAI 2016 Annual Science Report
- NASA Missions Provide New Insights into 'Ocean Worlds' in Our Solar System
- NASA New Frontiers Program AO Released
- Opportunities and Obstacles for Life on Proxima B
- Implications of the Discovery of Proxima b