Watch Astrobiology Science Conference (AbSciCon) 2017 on YouTubeMay 18, 2017 / Posted by: Miki Huynh
The Astrobiology Science Conference (AbSciCon) took place at the Mesa Convention Center in Mesa, Arizona on April 24–28, 2017.
Sessions were live streamed, and the recordings of AbSciCon 2017 are now available on the NASA Astrobiology YouTube channel.
The theme this year was “Diverse Life and its Detection on Different Worlds.” Mars and icy worlds in our solar system are increasingly recognized as habitable, even as increasing numbers of exoplanets in their stars’ habitable zones have been discovered. The focus is shifting from identification of habitable worlds, to detection of life on these worlds.
Conference website: http://www.hou.usra.edu/meetings/abscicon2017/.
- Deep Sea Microbes Hold Clues to Early Life
- Non-Biological Formation of Tubules in Subsurface Volcanic Glass
- AbSciCon 2019
- Astrobiology, Discovery, and Societal Impact Wins 2019 PROSE Award
- Extremophiles that Love Water Heaters
- Abiotic Formation of the Sugar of DNA
- SAGANet: Ask an Expert
- Watch the Landing of NASA's Mars InSight
- Updates from the SETI Institute NAI Team 2018 Expedition to the Andes
- NASA’s Astrobiology Program Evolving to Meet the Future