Watch Astrobiology Science Conference (AbSciCon) 2017 on YouTubeMay 18, 2017 / Posted by: Miki Huynh
The Astrobiology Science Conference (AbSciCon) took place at the Mesa Convention Center in Mesa, Arizona on April 24–28, 2017.
Sessions were live streamed, and the recordings of AbSciCon 2017 are now available on the NASA Astrobiology YouTube channel.
The theme this year was “Diverse Life and its Detection on Different Worlds.” Mars and icy worlds in our solar system are increasingly recognized as habitable, even as increasing numbers of exoplanets in their stars’ habitable zones have been discovered. The focus is shifting from identification of habitable worlds, to detection of life on these worlds.
Conference website: http://www.hou.usra.edu/meetings/abscicon2017/.
- Rethinking Planetary Climate Controls
- Oman Drilling Project: An Ancient Seabed Holds Secrets in the Search for Life on Other Planets
- Seminar: GSFC Summer Research Associate 2018 Presentations
- NASA Statement on Possible Subsurface Lake near Martian South Pole
- From Habitability to Life on Mars
- Life Underground - Available to Play
- Electron Acceptors and Carbon Sources for a Thermoacidophilic Archaea
- Yosemite Granite Tells New Story About Earth's Geologic History
- Supporting SHERLOC in the Detection of Kerogen as a Biosignature
- New Estimates of Earth's Ancient Climate and Ocean pH