Watch Astrobiology Science Conference (AbSciCon) 2017 on YouTube
The Astrobiology Science Conference (AbSciCon) took place at the Mesa Convention Center in Mesa, Arizona on April 24–28, 2017.
Sessions were live streamed, and the recordings of AbSciCon 2017 are now available on the NASA Astrobiology YouTube channel.
The theme this year was “Diverse Life and its Detection on Different Worlds.” Mars and icy worlds in our solar system are increasingly recognized as habitable, even as increasing numbers of exoplanets in their stars’ habitable zones have been discovered. The focus is shifting from identification of habitable worlds, to detection of life on these worlds.
Conference website: http://www.hou.usra.edu/meetings/abscicon2017/.
- NASA Missions Provide New Insights into 'Ocean Worlds' in Our Solar System
- NASA New Frontiers Program AO Released
- Opportunities and Obstacles for Life on Proxima B
- Implications of the Discovery of Proxima b
- New Instrument May Aid Search for Extraterrestrial Life
- Fossil Preservation in One of the Driest Places on Earth
- Student Poster Competition Winners at AbSciCon 2017
- Finding Signs of Alien Life Might Be Harder Than We Thought. Here's Why
- Natalie Batalha Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Behind the Iron Curtain: How Methane-Making Microbes Kept the Early Earth Warm