Watch Astrobiology Science Conference (AbSciCon) 2017 on YouTubeMay 18, 2017 / Posted by: Miki Huynh
The Astrobiology Science Conference (AbSciCon) took place at the Mesa Convention Center in Mesa, Arizona on April 24–28, 2017.
Sessions were live streamed, and the recordings of AbSciCon 2017 are now available on the NASA Astrobiology YouTube channel.
The theme this year was “Diverse Life and its Detection on Different Worlds.” Mars and icy worlds in our solar system are increasingly recognized as habitable, even as increasing numbers of exoplanets in their stars’ habitable zones have been discovered. The focus is shifting from identification of habitable worlds, to detection of life on these worlds.
Conference website: http://www.hou.usra.edu/meetings/abscicon2017/.
- Genome Sequence of a Chemolithoautotrophic Sulfur and Iron Oxidizer
- New Book Published on the Societal Impact of Astrobiology
- NASA and ESA Statement of Intent (SOI) to Develop Joint Mars Sample Return Plan
- NASA Selects New Science Teams for the NASA Astrobiology Institute
- NASA’s InSight Spacecraft on Its Way to Mars
- Victoria Meadows to Receive the 2018 Drake Award
- Announcing Early Career Collaboration Award Selections
- NAI Awards Early Career Scholarships for Travel to Western Australian Field Sites
- How Tidally-Locked Planets Could Avoid a ‘Snowball Earth’ Fate
- Jim Bridenstine Sworn in as NASA Administrator