Watch Astrobiology Science Conference (AbSciCon) 2017 on YouTube
The Astrobiology Science Conference (AbSciCon) took place at the Mesa Convention Center in Mesa, Arizona on April 24–28, 2017.
Sessions were live streamed, and the recordings of AbSciCon 2017 are now available on the NASA Astrobiology YouTube channel.
The theme this year was “Diverse Life and its Detection on Different Worlds.” Mars and icy worlds in our solar system are increasingly recognized as habitable, even as increasing numbers of exoplanets in their stars’ habitable zones have been discovered. The focus is shifting from identification of habitable worlds, to detection of life on these worlds.
Conference website: http://www.hou.usra.edu/meetings/abscicon2017/.
- NASA Missions Provide New Insights into 'Ocean Worlds' in Our Solar System
- NASA New Frontiers Program AO Released
- Opportunities and Obstacles for Life on Proxima B
- Implications of the Discovery of Proxima b
- Early Career Astrobiologist Profile: Lupita Tovar Reaches for the Stars — and Exoplanets
- Astrobiology at Chicago's Field Museum
- Kepler & K2 Science Conference (June 19-23, 2017)
- Female of the Species Podcast
- How Hot Were the Oceans When Life First Evolved?
- AbGradCon 2017 Live Webcast