Watch Astrobiology Science Conference (AbSciCon) 2017 on YouTube
The Astrobiology Science Conference (AbSciCon) took place at the Mesa Convention Center in Mesa, Arizona on April 24–28, 2017.
Sessions were live streamed, and the recordings of AbSciCon 2017 are now available on the NASA Astrobiology YouTube channel.
The theme this year was “Diverse Life and its Detection on Different Worlds.” Mars and icy worlds in our solar system are increasingly recognized as habitable, even as increasing numbers of exoplanets in their stars’ habitable zones have been discovered. The focus is shifting from identification of habitable worlds, to detection of life on these worlds.
Conference website: http://www.hou.usra.edu/meetings/abscicon2017/.
- Ask an Astrobiologist featuring Dr. Carl Pilcher
- Contemporary Water and Habitability of Mars
- Pale Rainbow Dots: The Search for Other Earths
- Middle School Teacher Reviewers Needed - Online Astrobiology "Game"
- A Summer of Astrobiology
- NAI 2016 Annual Science Report
- NASA Missions Provide New Insights into 'Ocean Worlds' in Our Solar System
- NASA New Frontiers Program AO Released
- Opportunities and Obstacles for Life on Proxima B
- Implications of the Discovery of Proxima b