Watch Astrobiology Science Conference (AbSciCon) 2017 on YouTubeMay 18, 2017 / Posted by: Miki Huynh
The Astrobiology Science Conference (AbSciCon) took place at the Mesa Convention Center in Mesa, Arizona on April 24–28, 2017.
Sessions were live streamed, and the recordings of AbSciCon 2017 are now available on the NASA Astrobiology YouTube channel.
The theme this year was “Diverse Life and its Detection on Different Worlds.” Mars and icy worlds in our solar system are increasingly recognized as habitable, even as increasing numbers of exoplanets in their stars’ habitable zones have been discovered. The focus is shifting from identification of habitable worlds, to detection of life on these worlds.
Conference website: http://www.hou.usra.edu/meetings/abscicon2017/.
- Could Shallow Biospheres Exist Beneath the Icy Ceilings of Ocean Moons?
- New Clues to Compositions of TRAPPIST-1 Planets
- Does Titan's Hydrocarbon Soup Hold a Recipe for Life?
- Noah Planavsky Selected for the 2018 F. W. Clarke Award
- Signs of Warmth in Mars' Past
- Release of Annual Research Opportunities in Space and Earth Sciences 2018 (ROSES–2018) Omnibus NASA Research Announcement (NRA)
- 2018 Josep Comas i Sola International Summer School in Astrobiology - Applications Open
- Ocean Worlds 3 Meeting
- NAI Director Chats Podcast: Dr. Penny Boston and Dr. Jim Green
- Astrobiology Australasia