Watch Astrobiology Science Conference (AbSciCon) 2017 on YouTube
The Astrobiology Science Conference (AbSciCon) took place at the Mesa Convention Center in Mesa, Arizona on April 24–28, 2017.
Sessions were live streamed, and the recordings of AbSciCon 2017 are now available on the NASA Astrobiology YouTube channel.
The theme this year was “Diverse Life and its Detection on Different Worlds.” Mars and icy worlds in our solar system are increasingly recognized as habitable, even as increasing numbers of exoplanets in their stars’ habitable zones have been discovered. The focus is shifting from identification of habitable worlds, to detection of life on these worlds.
Conference website: http://www.hou.usra.edu/meetings/abscicon2017/.
- Mongolian Microfossils Point to the Rise of Animals on Earth
- A Popular Tool to Trace Earth’s Oxygen History Can Give False Positives
- Hydrothermal Vent Experiments Bring Enceladus to Earth
- AbGradCon 2018 - Applications Open
- Early Career Collaboration Award Recipients Announced
- Thresholds of Catastrophe in the Earth System
- Astrobiology Science Strategy for the Search for Life in the Universe - Call for White Papers
- Astrobiology Rising at Georgia Tech
- Heating Enceladus for a Billion Years
- Why Does a Yellowstone Microorganism Prefer Meager Rations Over Rich Ones?