3rd AbSciCon Meeting Mentor ProgramMarch 22, 2017 / Written by: Daniella Scalice
The 3rd AbSciCon Meeting Mentor Program takes place Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 7:45AM-1:30PM.
We are thrilled to announce the 3rd AbSciCon Meeting Mentor Program! This is an opportunity for AbSciCon attendees to contribute to inspiring the next generation by providing a safe and guided exposure to a very important and integral part of life as a scientist—participating in a major scientific conference. We will pair you with a local high school or community college student for a 1/2-day during AbSciCon (the morning of Tuesday, April 25th). You and your mentee will do everything you would normally do – attend the plenary, converse with colleagues during coffee breaks, attend session talks, chair sessions, visit posters, etc. They will learn by watching you!
We will provide a light breakfast and lunch, and shower you with our gratitude. All the information is in the 3rd AbSciCon Meeting Mentor Program flyer. If you’re interested, please contact Daniella Scalice at email@example.com.
Source: [AbSciCon 2017]
- Watch the Landing of NASA's Mars InSight
- Updates from the SETI Institute NAI Team 2018 Expedition to the Andes
- NASA’s Astrobiology Program Evolving to Meet the Future
- Combined IAN / NAI Newsletter
- A New Initiative: The European Astrobiology Institute
- Was Life on the Early Earth Purple?
- NASA Astrobiology Program Student Early Career Collaboration Award
- Geoelectrodes and Fuel Cells for Simulating Hydrothermal Vent Environments
- AbSciCon 2019 Call for Proposals
- Astrobiology Science Strategy: Public Briefing Webcast