3rd AbSciCon Meeting Mentor ProgramMarch 22, 2017 / Written by: Daniella Scalice
The 3rd AbSciCon Meeting Mentor Program takes place Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 7:45AM-1:30PM.
We are thrilled to announce the 3rd AbSciCon Meeting Mentor Program! This is an opportunity for AbSciCon attendees to contribute to inspiring the next generation by providing a safe and guided exposure to a very important and integral part of life as a scientist—participating in a major scientific conference. We will pair you with a local high school or community college student for a 1/2-day during AbSciCon (the morning of Tuesday, April 25th). You and your mentee will do everything you would normally do – attend the plenary, converse with colleagues during coffee breaks, attend session talks, chair sessions, visit posters, etc. They will learn by watching you!
We will provide a light breakfast and lunch, and shower you with our gratitude. All the information is in the 3rd AbSciCon Meeting Mentor Program flyer. If you’re interested, please contact Daniella Scalice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: [AbSciCon 2017]
- Understanding Oxygen as an Exoplanet Biosignature
- Recap of the 2018 Astrobiology Graduate Conference (AbGradCon)
- Astrobiologist Rebecca Rapf Receives Inaugural Maggie C. Turnbull Early Career Award
- Searching for the Great Oxidation Event in North America
- Astrobiology Activities at the Chickasaw Nation Aviation and Space Academy
- NASA Finds Ancient Organic Material, Mysterious Methane on Mars
- Habitability of the Young Earth Could Boost the Chances of Life Elsewhere
- AbGradCon 2018 Live Webcast
- Maggie C. Turnbull Astrobiology Early Career Service Award
- Atmospheric Seasons Could Signal Life on Exoplanets