Upcoming Deadlines for AbSciCon 2017January 11, 2017 / Posted by: Miki Huynh
Abstracts and Student Travel Grant Applications are due January 18, 2017. Opportunities are also available to be a mentor at AbSciCon 2017.
Deadlines for the Astrobiology Science Conference (AbSciCon) 2017 are coming soon! Don’t miss your chance to participate in the conference in Mesa, Arizona on April 24–28, 2017.
Abstracts are due January 18, 2017. Instructions for submitting an abstract can be found at: http://www.hou.usra.edu/meetings/abscicon2017/program-abstracts/abstracts/. When filling out the submission form, students can additionally register for the poster competition. Further details about submitting a poster can be found at: http://www.hou.usra.edu/meetings/abscicon2017/program-abstracts/posters/.
Qualified students can apply for grants to cover travel expenses for AbSciCon 2017. Applications for student travel awards are also due January 18, 2017. For more information and to apply, go to: http://www.hou.usra.edu/meetings/abscicon2017/program-abstracts/opportunities/.
AbSciCon seeks mentors to pair with students from local high schools and community colleges (underserved, underrepresented in STEM) for a partial day during the conference. The students will shadow their mentors at the event—attend talks and poster sessions, meet other scientists, participate in hallway conversations at breaks, etc. To become an AbSciCon Meeting Mentor, e-mail Daniella Scalice at email@example.com with the subject line “AbSciCon Meeting Mentor.”
- Could Shallow Biospheres Exist Beneath the Icy Ceilings of Ocean Moons?
- New Clues to Compositions of TRAPPIST-1 Planets
- Does Titan's Hydrocarbon Soup Hold a Recipe for Life?
- Noah Planavsky Selected for the 2018 F. W. Clarke Award
- Signs of Warmth in Mars' Past
- Release of Annual Research Opportunities in Space and Earth Sciences 2018 (ROSES–2018) Omnibus NASA Research Announcement (NRA)
- 2018 Josep Comas i Sola International Summer School in Astrobiology - Applications Open
- Ocean Worlds 3 Meeting
- NAI Director Chats Podcast: Dr. Penny Boston and Dr. Jim Green
- Astrobiology Australasia