Upcoming Deadlines for AbSciCon 2017Abstracts and Student Travel Grant Applications are due January 18, 2017. Opportunities are also available to be a mentor at AbSciCon 2017.
Deadlines for the Astrobiology Science Conference (AbSciCon) 2017 are coming soon! Don’t miss your chance to participate in the conference in Mesa, Arizona on April 24–28, 2017.
Abstracts are due January 18, 2017. Instructions for submitting an abstract can be found at: http://www.hou.usra.edu/meetings/abscicon2017/program-abstracts/abstracts/. When filling out the submission form, students can additionally register for the poster competition. Further details about submitting a poster can be found at: http://www.hou.usra.edu/meetings/abscicon2017/program-abstracts/posters/.
Qualified students can apply for grants to cover travel expenses for AbSciCon 2017. Applications for student travel awards are also due January 18, 2017. For more information and to apply, go to: http://www.hou.usra.edu/meetings/abscicon2017/program-abstracts/opportunities/.
AbSciCon seeks mentors to pair with students from local high schools and community colleges (underserved, underrepresented in STEM) for a partial day during the conference. The students will shadow their mentors at the event—attend talks and poster sessions, meet other scientists, participate in hallway conversations at breaks, etc. To become an AbSciCon Meeting Mentor, e-mail Daniella Scalice at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “AbSciCon Meeting Mentor.”
- NASA Missions Provide New Insights into 'Ocean Worlds' in Our Solar System
- NASA New Frontiers Program AO Released
- Opportunities and Obstacles for Life on Proxima B
- Implications of the Discovery of Proxima b
- Watch Astrobiology Science Conference (AbSciCon) 2017 on YouTube
- New Instrument May Aid Search for Extraterrestrial Life
- Fossil Preservation in One of the Driest Places on Earth
- Student Poster Competition Winners at AbSciCon 2017
- Finding Signs of Alien Life Might Be Harder Than We Thought. Here's Why
- Natalie Batalha Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People