Exoplanet Biosignatures Workshop Without WallsJuly 26, 2016 / Written by: Miki Huynh
NASA Nexus for Exoplanet System Science (NExSS) and Astrobiology Program host the Exoplanet Biosignatures Workshop Without Walls
The workshop takes place July 27-29 in Seattle, WA. Watch the live broadcast beginning July 27 at 8:30AM PDT.
Hosted by the NASA Nexus for Exoplanet System Science (NExSS) and Astrobiology Program, the Exoplanet Biosignatures Workshop brings together the astrobiology, exoplanet, and mission concept communities to review, discuss, debate, and advance the science of biosignatures.
This highly interactive workshop will include plenary talks to set the stage for small group discussions that focus on addressing key science questions identified by the Science Organizing Committee. More information and the event schedule are available at: http://nai.nasa.gov/calendar/workshop-without-walls-exoplanet-biosignatures/.
Outputs from the workshop will include summary reports that will be circulated to the community for feedback. These reports will be filed with a dedicated Exoplanet Biosignatures Study Analysis Group (SAG 16) of the Exoplanet Exploration Program Analysis Group (ExoPAG).
Information on how to attend remotely is available at: http://nai.nasa.gov/calendar/workshop-without-walls-exoplanet-biosignatures/#remote.
- Understanding Oxygen as an Exoplanet Biosignature
- Recap of the 2018 Astrobiology Graduate Conference (AbGradCon)
- Astrobiologist Rebecca Rapf Receives Inaugural Maggie C. Turnbull Early Career Award
- Searching for the Great Oxidation Event in North America
- Astrobiology Activities at the Chickasaw Nation Aviation and Space Academy
- NASA Finds Ancient Organic Material, Mysterious Methane on Mars
- Habitability of the Young Earth Could Boost the Chances of Life Elsewhere
- AbGradCon 2018 Live Webcast
- Maggie C. Turnbull Astrobiology Early Career Service Award
- Atmospheric Seasons Could Signal Life on Exoplanets