Recipients of NASA Early Career Collaboration AwardsJuly 22, 2016 / Written by: NASA Astrobiology Institute (NAI)
We are pleased to announce the selections for the April 2016 Early Career Collaboration Award.
Steffen Bueseccher, Arizona State University
Daniel will collaborate with Hiroshi Imanaka (NASA Ames Research Center), “Deciphering the Role of Abiotic N2O formation on atmospheric N2O in the Archaean and implications on the faint young Sun paradox.”
Ben Galeota-Sprung, University of Pennsylvania
Ben will travel to University of Pittsburgh to collaborate with Vaughn Cooper to examine how mutation rates evolve over time.
Daniel Gregory, University of California, Riverside
Daniel will visit Steve Romaniello and Aleisha Johnson at Arizona State University to examine the rates and mechanisms of pyrite oxidation.
Sally Potter-McIntyre, Southern Illinois University
Sally will travel to Utah for fieldwork and to the University of Colorado, Boulder to work with Tom McCollom to analyze the origin and history of jarosite.
Mary Sabuda, Michigan State University
Mary will collaborate with the Hoehler lab at NASA Ames and travel to the CROMO field site in support of “Investigations of Methane, Sulfur, and Iron in the Serpentinite Subsurface using Depth-Resolved Biogeochemical Analyses, Stable Isotope Geochemistry, and Microcosm Approaches.”
Zhirui Zeng, Stanford University
Zhirui will collaborate with the Summons lab at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology to examine “Archaeal Lipid Biomarker GDGTs Biosynthesis.”
More information about past recipients and the Early Career Collaboration Award is available at http://nai.nasa.gov/funding/nasa-astrobiology-early-career-collaboration-award/.
- One Strange Rock
- Could Shallow Biospheres Exist Beneath the Icy Ceilings of Ocean Moons?
- New Clues to Compositions of TRAPPIST-1 Planets
- Does Titan's Hydrocarbon Soup Hold a Recipe for Life?
- Noah Planavsky Selected for the 2018 F. W. Clarke Award
- Signs of Warmth in Mars' Past
- Release of Annual Research Opportunities in Space and Earth Sciences 2018 (ROSES–2018) Omnibus NASA Research Announcement (NRA)
- 2018 Josep Comas i Sola International Summer School in Astrobiology - Applications Open
- Ocean Worlds 3 Meeting
- NAI Director Chats Podcast: Dr. Penny Boston and Dr. Jim Green