Light: The Visible Spectrum and BeyondLight: The Visible Spectrum and Beyond by Megan Watzke and Kimberly Acand. Published by Black Dog & Leventhal.
Megan Watzke, Press Officer for NASA’s Chandra X-ray Observatory, and Kimberly Acand, Visualization Lead for the Chandra X-ray Observatory, have published a book entitled Light: The Visible Spectrum and Beyond.
Light is a visual guide to understanding electromagnetic radiation, in order of spectrum from radio waves to gamma rays, showing how light affects life on Earth and everything in the Universe. The book has made Forbes 2016 Top 10 Gifts for Lovers of Outer Space (along with David Grinspoon’s Earth in Human Hands).
Acand and Watzke have previously published books together exploring the Universe, and have been deeply involved in NASA and astronomy communications and outreach, including the NASA Astrobiology Program’s From Earth to the Solar System (FETSS) collection.
More details about Light: The Visible Spectrum and Beyond is available at: http://www.arcandwatzke.com/books.
- NASA Missions Provide New Insights into 'Ocean Worlds' in Our Solar System
- NASA New Frontiers Program AO Released
- Opportunities and Obstacles for Life on Proxima B
- Implications of the Discovery of Proxima b
- A Simple Bacterium Reveals How Stress Drives Evolution
- Examining Mars Analog Rocks in Northern Ontario
- Purple Signs of Life
- NASA Finds Moon of Saturn Has Chemical That Could Form ‘Membranes’
- An Earth-like Atmosphere May Not Survive Proxima b’s Orbit
- The Great Oxidation Event and the Rubisco Family Tree