Light: The Visible Spectrum and BeyondLight: The Visible Spectrum and Beyond by Megan Watzke and Kimberly Acand. Published by Black Dog & Leventhal.
Megan Watzke, Press Officer for NASA’s Chandra X-ray Observatory, and Kimberly Acand, Visualization Lead for the Chandra X-ray Observatory, have published a book entitled Light: The Visible Spectrum and Beyond.
Light is a visual guide to understanding electromagnetic radiation, in order of spectrum from radio waves to gamma rays, showing how light affects life on Earth and everything in the Universe. The book has made Forbes 2016 Top 10 Gifts for Lovers of Outer Space (along with David Grinspoon’s Earth in Human Hands).
Acand and Watzke have previously published books together exploring the Universe, and have been deeply involved in NASA and astronomy communications and outreach, including the NASA Astrobiology Program’s From Earth to the Solar System (FETSS) collection.
More details about Light: The Visible Spectrum and Beyond is available at: http://www.arcandwatzke.com/books.
- NASA New Frontiers Program AO Released
- Opportunities and Obstacles for Life on Proxima B
- Implications of the Discovery of Proxima b
- 3rd AbSciCon Meeting Mentor Program
- NAI CAN 8 Preproposal Conference - Friday, March 10, 2017
- NASA Study Hints at Possible Change in Water ‘Fingerprint’ of Comet
- Proto-Computation and Proto-Life Workshop
- New Findings of Early Life on Earth Date Back 3.77 Billion Years
- It Takes a Village to Model a Planet
- Does Pluto Have The Ingredients For Life?