Collaborative Technologies for AstrobiologyDecember 7, 2014
The Institute uses a variety of communications and information technology tools to build and support the astrobiology community. These include high-definition videoconferencing, real-time meeting software, websites, online communities, social networks, shared databases, high end computing facilities, science visualization software, and mobile devices. These technologies can be used alone or integrated with multiple technologies to produce virtual meetings, seminars, and workshops; link the NAI Teams; share knowledge; enable effective interactions both within and among teams; and support collaborative research and data sharing.
The NAI staff is available to help the community select the best technologies to fit their needs and security requirements. Please contact Estelle Dodson, firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Helpful documents for using this technology
- May 24 - Seminar: "Bioenergetics and Habitability in Hydrothermal Systems and the Subseafloor"
- May 26 - Registration Deadline for 26th Goldschmidt Conference
- May 26 - Application Deadline: ROSES 2016 Exoplanets Research Program
- May 31 - Early Registration Deadline for COSPAR 2016
- May 31 - Early Registration Deadline for 35th International Geological Congress
- June 1 - Abstract Submission Deadline for SoCIA 2016: An Interdisciplinary Workshop on Social and Conceptual Issues in Astrobiology
- June 1 - Registration Deadline for Exoplanets I Conference Series
- June 1 - Seminar: "Chemical Gardens, Chimneys, and Fuel Cells: Simulating Prebiotic Chemistry in Hydrothermal Vents on Ocean Worlds"
- June 3 - Abstract Submission Deadline for Lunar and Small Bodies Graduate Conference (LunGradCon)
- June 3 - Registration Deadline for Lunar and Small Bodies Graduate Conference (LunGradCon)
- June 3 - Application Deadline: ROSES 2016 Emerging Worlds
- June 10 - Registration closes for Astronomical Society of Australia Annual Scientific Meeting
- June 13 - Early Registration Deadline for Microscopy & Microanalysis 2016 Meeting
- June 14 - Application Deadline: Geomicrobiologist or Astrobiologist Position at NASA Johnson Space Center
- June 22 - Late Registration Deadline for Titan Aeronomy and Climate Workshop
- June 23 - Abstract Submission Deadline for Joint DPS-EPSC Meeting
- June 24 - Abstract Submission Deadline (Poster) for III Congreso Internacional de Astrobiología
- June 24 - Abstract Submission Deadline (Oral) for III Congreso Internacional de Astrobiología
- NAI 2014 Annual Science Report