NAI Cooperative Agreement Notice: Cycle 7May 6, 2014
Proposal submissions for CAN Cycle 7 are closed. NASA received 56 Step-1 proposals, they were reviewed and all proposers were notified on December 20, 2013 of which category they fell into. Of the 56, 38 were “encouraged” and 18 were “discouraged.” Click here for links to all the CAN 7 official documentation.
Solicitation Number: NNH13ZDA017C
Pre-proposal Conference: September 30 at 11am PDT
Step 1 Proposal closed: November 18, 2013
Step 2 Proposals closed: April 30, 2014
On September 23, 2013 The NASA Science Mission Directorate released a Cooperative Agreement Notice (CAN) soliciting team-based proposals for membership in the NASA Astrobiology Institute (NAI). The CAN-7 document can be downloaded from the NSPIRES web page.
The goal of CAN Cycle 7 is to maintain a multidisciplinary institute by selecting focused, interdisciplinary teams that complement without replicating the strengths of the continuing teams. The teams selected in Cycle 7 will replace the teams selected in Cycle 5, whose five-year Cooperative Agreements have expired.
Unlike previous CANs for the NAI, Cycle 7 required a brief Step-1 proposal to be submitted six weeks after the release of the CAN. Based on a programmatic review of these Step-1 proposals, proposers were encouraged to or discouraged from submitting a full proposal. Other changes to previous solicitations are described in sections 1.7 Open Access to Research Materials and Results and 4.6 Education and Public Outreach (E/PO).
Issuance of this CAN is dependent on programmatic factors, including NASA receiving an appropriation and operating plan containing adequate funding within the NASA Planetary Science Division budget. Any costs incurred by prospective investigators in preparing submissions in response to this CAN were incurred completely at the submitter’s own risk.
A pre-proposal conference was held on September 30, at 11 AM PDT (2 PM EDT) to provide interested parties with the opportunity to better understand the intent, scope, and selection criteria of this CAN. The recorded video and presentation charts from this briefing are available at the NSPIRES website on which this CAN is posted.
- May 10 - Early Registration Deadline for Japan Geoscience Union Meeting 2016
- May 12 - Abstract Submission Deadline for Conference on Enceladus and the Icy Moons of Saturn
- May 13 - Deadline for Step 1 ROSES 2016 Planetary Data Archiving, Restoration, and Tools (PDART)
- May 20 - Deadline for Step 1 ROSES 2016 Exobiology
- May 21 - Abstract Submission Deadline (Poster Presentation) for Titan Aeronomy and Climate Workshop
- May 22 - Early Registration Deadline for Titan Aeronomy and Climate Workshop
- May 26 - Registration Deadline for 26th Goldschmidt Conference
- May 26 - Deadline for ROSES 2016 Exoplanets Research Program
- May 29 - 2016 Vatican Observatory Summer School in Astrophyics on Water in the Solar System and Beyond
- May 31 - Early Registration Deadline for COSPAR 2016
- June 1 - Registration Deadline for Exoplanets I Conference Series
- June 3 - Deadline for ROSES 2016 Emerging Worlds
- June 6 - CMG 2016: 31st IUGG Conference on Mathematical Geophysics
- June 8 - Poster Submission Deadline for AbGradCon 2016
- NAI 2014 Annual Science Report